The British Dupuytren’s Society….
provides support and information to people affected by Dupuytren’s Contracture, Ledderhose Disease and related conditions. Our goal is to raise awareness of these conditions, improve knowledge of the treatments available and encourage research into their prevention and treatment.
- Say Communications organise fundraising event for the BDS 22.01.16
- Recent News 03.12.15
- Nice misses chance to improve quality of life for people with painful hand condition in England 26.10.15
- Take part in our survey about Dupuytren’s and Ledderhose Disease
The British Dupuytren’s Society is a UK charity founded in 2011 as a patients’ organisation, supported by medical professionals, and working alongside the International Dupuytren Society (IDS).
The Board of Trustees consists entirely of volunteers: two of whom are Dupuytren’s patients, one who has Ledderhose and one who is a Peyronie’s patient, and two Doctors one of whom is a surgeon and the other a radiation oncologist. As volunteers we are in regular contact via email to discuss the charity, its status, work in progress and new suggestions for projects. The Society also has a panel of volunteer Doctors acting in an advisory capacity.
The British Dupuytren’s Society was founded in August 2011. Our first step was to create our Constitution and Board of Trustees. We are now registered with HMRC for tax-exempt status as a charity, but since our financial turnover does not meet the minimum requirement we cannot yet apply to become a registered charity. Read more…………
The Curse of the MacCrimmon
A history of Dupuytren’s Contracture. There are many stories as to how the curse arose. Some say that the….
- British Dupuytren’s Society:Keep up to date with all the news from the British Dupuytren’s Society..
- Gary’s Blog: I post here about treatments, patients, my experience, science and whatever I am thinking about.