- We have participated in a webinar organised by Prof Tim Davis, aimed at Dupuytren patients and informing them of different treatment options and some of the research being done in Britain. The webinar is now online (November 2018) and can be viewed here.
- The BSSH have put last years hand surgeons University Challenge on YouTube.
- Verapamil gel can now (August 2018) be obtained in the UK. Our blogpost explains how.
- After registering with the Charity Commission and needing a new bank account, we have now (June 2018) been told we are a new organisation in the eyes of the HMRC and have to re-register with them. So organising other activities has yet again taken a back seat!
- We are working with Sobi and Say Communications to raise awareness for Dupuytren’s Disease, we ran a survey in May and are now working on a Thunderclap campaign. https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/70226-clap-hands-for-dupuytren-s We hope for a large worldwide reach of the message!
- On 03-05-2018 Michael Ng received the International Dupuytren Award for his work on ‘a genome wide association study of Dupuytren disease reveals 17 additional variants implicated in fibrosis’. He received the award at the Cardiff Spring BSSH days, out of the hands of Prof Tim Davis. This award was sponsored by the British Dupuytren Society in cooperation with the Dupuytren Disease Support Group.
- After getting a charity number, we found out we would have to apply for a new bank account. So that was the next problem to sort out! Took a few months and a lot of paperwork, but in March 2018 the new account was opened.